Back to school shopping is creeping up and you want your child to be THAT child with all the cool stuff. Instead of going to the store and buying all those locker organizers, make your own! Don’t want to loose time trying to find your daughter’s bag among all the other Disney Princess bags? Sew up a custom bag or if you’re less crafty, make a cute tag to attach to you so it’s easily seen! Here are some more unique ways to spice up school supplies.
- Tired of those boring old No. 2 pencils and pens? Decorate them with washi tape or paint them with a cool design. Everyone will want to borrow them and you’ll always get them back because it’ll be obvious their yours!
- Embrace your inner fashionista and make a book bag from old clothes you no longer wear. It’s a great way to recycle those clothes and start a new trend!
- Once you make those awesome customized pens and pencils, you’ll need somewhere fancy to store them in your bag. Check out this DIY to make your own pencil case! There’s even some great ideas for boys.
- “Omg I love those!” is what all the girls will be saying when your little one pulls these out from her bag. You could even put one of her favorite drawings on it to show off her artwork!
- Lockers aren’t really the easiest things to organized. Most of the time there’s only one shelf and maybe two hooks. Try out this cute tote to hang up so you don’t have to worry about finding a place for all your knick knacks in between classrooms.
- You know you’re going to see an overwhelming amount of Elsa and Ana backpacks on that first day of school. Make it easier on you and your daughter and create an adorable tag to go along with it!
- If you’re sending your baby off to college, build this gem. You could even engrave on it “Call Mom” so they remember to do that every now and then
Here are some cute DIY gifts for teachers. There are plenty more on Pinterest or mommy blogs that will make the?back-to-school gift from?your child more personal and more fun to do! The teacher is bound to remember and that could come in handy with those final grades at the end of the year.
- Make it more fun for your teacher to take roll by giving her this cute clipboard! If it’s for the end of the year, slap on the class photo so you’re sure he or she won’t even have the option to forget you.
- If you know your teacher’s favorite candy, put it in a light bulb with an inspirational quote about a teacher’s help. Another classic for the end of the year is “I’ll miss you to pieces” card along with some Reese’s Pieces.
Don’t forget to get?the children involved!