An easy favorite of the holiday season is giving, but unfortunately, it’s not always that simple. Everyone wants to out-due their gifts from the previous year while staying within a budget. There are some unwritten rules when it comes to gift giving which are seldom acknowledged and rarely discussed. What should you give? How much should you spend? And, whom do you buy for?
In the hopes of helping shoppers out, we’ve put together some tips and tricks to help you make the most of gift giving this year!
1. Trim Your List
- Draw names out of a hat between your closest friends or family members so that everyone gets a gift they will love. Not only will this save you some cash, but it is sure to relieve the stress of shopping for everyone on your list.
- Implement a new tradition at your work holiday party like playing White Elephant. Traditionally, a White Elephant gift is something extremely tacky or a previously owned item that you want to get rid of. This is both inexpensive, easy, and comical!
- If your kiddos want to give their teacher a present before the holiday break, talk to the other parents about pitching in for a group gift or whip up something sweet. Baked goods always do the trick!
2. Find A Deal
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday are some of the best days to find deals on just about anything.
- Check out daily deals and coupon sites before you purchase anything to get the best bang for your buck. Some of our favorites are RetailMeNot, Slick Deals, Eversave, and Gilt City. You can typically take a percentage off any purchase during November and December, or at the least, save with free shipping.
3. Personalization Is Key
- Everyone loves when they receive something unique. Personalizing an item shows that you really put some thought into your gift for that certain someone.
- DIY is trending. Take some time to browse Pinterest or catch up on your favorite bloggers latest post for ideas on do-it-yourself projects. DIY gifts are fun for you and the recipient!
- For example: scan a photo or take any image from the web and transfer that photo to canvas with our online service at Easy Canvas Prints. This is an easy way to give a one-of-a-kind gift!
4. Top Gifts For Christmas 2013
Searching for the most popular items? Below are a few of our favorite picks for 2013!
- Kiddos : Sofia the First Royal Talking Vanity and Furby Boom
- Teenagers: PS4
- Moms: Kendra Scott Earrings, Spa Sonic Skincare System
- Dads: Apple iPad Air
- Anyone: Canvas Prints, of course!
Regardless of what you give or get this year, remember that the holidays are about spending time with your loved ones. We wish everyone a wonderful holiday season!