Coconut Chocolate Chip Bites
By this time of year I am dreaming of warmer weather and treats that remind me of summer, such as these Coconut Chip Bites.
If you are looking for a treat that you can whip up in a matter of minutes, this is for you. If you love coconut, this is also for you!
The combination of coconut, oats, honey and sweetened condensed milk was quite a lovely one if I must say so myself. Oh yeah and then there are mini chocolate chips – who doesn’t love the combo of chocolate and coconut?!
These reminded me of an Almond Joy candy bar, only with less chocolate. I found myself taking one coconut ball and quickly returning for a second and third. They have a nice light and fresh coconut flavor, the perfect amount of chocolate and just a hint of the honey flavor.
This recipe is a great candidate to double (and highly recommended) – keep a supply in your fridge and indulge when necessary.
All you need to make these are:
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of oats (ex. Quaker Old-Fashioned)
- 4 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. of chocolate CANDIQUIK coating
- Combine coconut, oats, sweetened condensed milk and honey in a food processor.Of course, if you want to substitute the honey with additional sweetened condensed milk (or agave syrup), please do!
- Blend for 1 minute or until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer coconut mixture into a medium bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a coffee scoop or melon baller, scoop mixture and roll into a tight ball.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK Coating in tray and transfer to a heavy-duty plastic bag, with a tiny hole cut off one corner.
- Drizzle coconut bites with chocolate coating.
This recipe yields 18 coconut bites and only takes about 30 minutes to throw together.