Decadent gold, brassy bronze, and hints of silver are all the rage when it comes to interior decorating. We’ve noticed numerous bloggers and design experts mixing and matching metals, so we wanted to provide you with a few easy ways you can stay on trend this year!
Tips & Tricks
- Accessorize with metallics. Some people may not be a fan of taking that big leap and re-doing an entire room, so adding hints of metal like a chevron coffee table tray or sunburst accent mirror will do the trick.
- Lighting fixtures offer one of the easiest ways to add metal tones to a room. Decorate with an oversized lamp or chandelier, and pair that with a darker colored wall for a dramatic look.
- Metallic spray paint is an easy way to incorporate this look, and great for the holidays. We suggest painting a wreath or set of pine cones bright gold for some extra flare.
- Be bold and use golden toned wallpaper to accent a wall. We’ve seen this turn out beautifully, although it is somewhat intimidating.
- Mix a variety of metals accents in your bathroom or kitchen. Pair a nickel sink faucet with chrome drawer handles and a vintage silver piece like a jewelry box or cookie jar to top it all off.
*photos courtesy of HGTV, Gretel Home, Houzz, The Sweetest Occassion, and Purcell Murray Blog
Comment letting us know which hint of metal you like the most and we’ll pick one lucky winner to receive a custom 16″x20″ canvas print!